China Has The Most Jailed Journalists Worldwide
According to the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), 221 journalists are being held in prisons around the world. A third of these are in just two nations - China and Iran. In 2013, the organization identified 32 journalists in Chinese jails, a number that increased to 44 by the end of 2014. Iran is in second place, holding 30 journalists including Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian. The top three is rounded off by Eritrea with 23 jailed journalists. Ethiopia and Vietnam complete the top five with with 17 and 16 respectively.
- Rare earth production - China and worldwide 2013-2018Rare earth production - China and worldwide 2013-2018
- Leading real estate companies in China 2015, by sales revenueLeading real estate companies in China 2015, by sales revenue
- China's total imports and exports 2010-2016China's total imports and exports 2010-2016
- YTD market share of selected car manufacturers in Europe 2017YTD market share of selected car manufacturers in Europe 2017
- China: weekly box office revenue - April 10 to April 16, 2017China: weekly box office revenue - April 10 to April 16, 2017
- Passenger car sales in China 2008-2017*, by modelPassenger car sales in China 2008-2017*, by model
- Commercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2017, by modelCommercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2017, by model
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl