Most News Websites Are Now Mobile First
When it comes to visitors to news websites, the trend is distinctly mobile. That's according to a new report released by the Pew Research Center entitled "State of the News Media 2015". Out of 50 major news websites analyzed in the report, 39 received more mobile visitors than desktop visitors in January 2015.
Unique visitors from smartphones and tablets tend to spend less time on news websites than their PC-using counterparts. Some websites, albeit a distinct minority, defy the mobile trend and are not listed on the following infographic. They include MSN news which has a substantially larger desktop user base as well as the BBC and CNEt.
- Net reach (10 years and older) of leading news websites in Germany May 2015Net reach (10 years and older) of leading news websites in Germany May 2015
- Looking at news websites or apps at least weekly in the UK 2014-2015, by ageLooking at news websites or apps at least weekly in the UK 2014-2015, by age
- Looking at news websites or apps weekly in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2015, by ageLooking at news websites or apps weekly in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2015, by age
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015
- U.S. online shops and mail-order house sales 2003-2015U.S. online shops and mail-order house sales 2003-2015
- Daily media usage in Sweden 2016, by mediumDaily media usage in Sweden 2016, by medium
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl