The World's Biggest Consumers Of Antidepressants
15 years ago, Iceland had the world's highest rate antidepressant consumption - 71 out of every 1,000 people consumed antidepressants daily. In 2015, that trend hasn't changed. In fact, the rate of consumption among Icelanders has actually increased to 118 per 1,000 people. Some experts attribute this to a weakening of social taboos while others point ot the failure of the country's three largest banks during the financial crisis as another major reason for the high rate of consumption. Australia comes second while Portugal rounds off the top three.
- Market share held by web browser in Iceland 2016Market share held by web browser in Iceland 2016
- Number of card payments per capita in Iceland 2010-2014Number of card payments per capita in Iceland 2010-2014
- Average transaction value per card payment in Iceland 2010-2014Average transaction value per card payment in Iceland 2010-2014
- Aluminum production top countries 2010-2016Aluminum production top countries 2010-2016
- Major countries in silicon production 2011-2016Major countries in silicon production 2011-2016
- Common Medicaid antidepressent prescriptions by product 2013-2015Common Medicaid antidepressent prescriptions by product 2013-2015
- MRI units per million: by country 2015MRI units per million: by country 2015
- Computer tomography scanner density by country 2015Computer tomography scanner density by country 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl