The EU's Gender Pay Gap Visualised
The European Union is still struggling to achieve gender parity in the workplace, according to data compiled by Eurostat. For the economy as a whole, women's gross hourly earnings were on average 16.4 percent below those of men in 2013. The gap was most pronounced in Estonia where there was a 30 percent difference in what men and women make per hour. Spain, the United Kingdom and Germany also found themselves at the wrong end of the table. Slovenia has the narrowest gender gap when it comes to pay at just 3.2 percent.
- Total population of the European Union (EU) 2016Total population of the European Union (EU) 2016
- Youth unemployment rate in the European Union and the euro area 2015Youth unemployment rate in the European Union and the euro area 2015
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in the European Union (EU) until 2015Gross domestic product (GDP) in the European Union (EU) until 2015
- China: clothing production by month November 2016China: clothing production by month November 2016
- Annual growth rate of U.S. Real GDP 1990-2015Annual growth rate of U.S. Real GDP 1990-2015
- Change of diesel price in selected countries 2015-2016Change of diesel price in selected countries 2015-2016
- Value of imports into China by month November 2016Value of imports into China by month November 2016
- Monthly value of exports from China by month November 2016Monthly value of exports from China by month November 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl