The EU's Gender Pay Gap Visualised
The European Union is still struggling to achieve gender parity in the workplace, according to data compiled by Eurostat. For the economy as a whole, women's gross hourly earnings were on average 16.4 percent below those of men in 2013. The gap was most pronounced in Estonia where there was a 30 percent difference in what men and women make per hour. Spain, the United Kingdom and Germany also found themselves at the wrong end of the table. Slovenia has the narrowest gender gap when it comes to pay at just 3.2 percent.
- Total population of the European Union (EU) 2016Total population of the European Union (EU) 2016
- Youth unemployment rate in the European Union and the euro area 2015Youth unemployment rate in the European Union and the euro area 2015
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in the European Union (EU) until 2015Gross domestic product (GDP) in the European Union (EU) until 2015
- Monthly inflation rate in EU countries August 2016Monthly inflation rate in EU countries August 2016
- Per capita gross domestic product in the European Union in current prices in 2015Per capita gross domestic product in the European Union in current prices in 2015
- GDP growth in the EU and the Euro area compared to the previous quarter Q2 2016GDP growth in the EU and the Euro area compared to the previous quarter Q2 2016
- Monthly number of unemployed persons in the EU and Euro area July 2016Monthly number of unemployed persons in the EU and Euro area July 2016
- Unemployment rate in EU countries July 2016Unemployment rate in EU countries July 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl