The Most Popular Apps in the World
As we have recently learned, smartphone users in the United States spend more time using apps than ever before. On average, they spend more than 40 hours a month using their favorite apps. Meanwhile, the number of apps they use has plateaued since 2012. 27 appears to be the magic number in terms of how many apps people need.
So which apps do people actually use? According to SensorTower data reported by ReCode, there are few surprises when it comes to the most popular apps in the world. Big players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter dominated global app downloads in May, with Facebook owning four of the five most-downloaded apps in the world.
- Global Apple App Store and Google Play app downloads 2015-2016Global Apple App Store and Google Play app downloads 2015-2016
- Annual number of global mobile app downloads 2016-2021Annual number of global mobile app downloads 2016-2021
- Canada average monthly app downloads and uninstalls 2014-2015Canada average monthly app downloads and uninstalls 2014-2015
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- Revenue from mobile apps in Germany 2009-2015Revenue from mobile apps in Germany 2009-2015
- Number of mobile app downloads in Germany 2009-2014Number of mobile app downloads in Germany 2009-2014
- Leading iPhone apps in Great Britain (GB) 2017, by revenue Leading iPhone apps in Great Britain (GB) 2017, by revenue
- U.S. adults that would use an app for health emergencies 2017U.S. adults that would use an app for health emergencies 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl