Twice the Time - Same Number of Apps
These days, smartphone users have millions of apps to choose from. But how many apps do they actually use? According to a recent Nielsen report, the answer is: a little more than two dozens.
In the fourth quarter of 2015, iPhone and Android smartphone users in the U.S. used an average of 27.1 apps per month, spending more than 40 hours with them. Interestingly, the amount of time people spend with apps continues to increase, whereas the number of apps they use pretty much stopped growing three years ago.
Apparently, there's a limit to how many apps people actually use, regardless of how many apps are available and how much time they spend using them. To put it differently: there's an app for every need, but there's no need for every app.
- Canada regularly used smartphone apps 2014Canada regularly used smartphone apps 2014
- App usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014, by deviceApp usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014, by device
- Smartphone app usage frequency in China 2012Smartphone app usage frequency in China 2012
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Number of global social network users 2010-2019Number of global social network users 2010-2019
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens