What Experiences Users are Looking for Online
What do users go online for, what’s their motivation and what do they want to get from it? To get a grip on this question AOL asked more 50.000 people in 8 countries. The researchers boiled it down to eight so-called content moments, or feelings users seek to experience or longings they want to satisfy when going online.
As it turns out, most people go online for inspiration. They want to be confronted with fresh ideas (20 percent), others want to improve their mood (19 percent) while other again seek to update socially 17 (percent). The eight markets AOL looked into included Brazil, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States and Spain.
This chart was first published by FIPP.
- Digital content behavior in the UK as of May 2016Digital content behavior in the UK as of May 2016
- Leading digital content services ranked by usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2016Leading digital content services ranked by usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2016
- B2C e-commerce sales of digital content in Finland 2010-2014B2C e-commerce sales of digital content in Finland 2010-2014
- Consumer Sentiment Index in the U.S. February 2016-2017Consumer Sentiment Index in the U.S. February 2016-2017
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Consumer expenditure in Europe 2016, by countryConsumer expenditure in Europe 2016, by country
- U.S. newspaper publishing revenue 2010-2015, by media type U.S. newspaper publishing revenue 2010-2015, by media type
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl