What's the Best Indicator for Successful Content?
It’s notoriously hard to measure successful content in the online world. There are many different metrics out there that could possibly tell you if the things you put online are being accepted by users. Among publishers there are three main yardsticks that, according to Parse.ly, are the most important: amount of time users spend on respective pages, page views, but also social sharing.
Brands agree that social sharing is very important, but other than that count conversions as the single most important metric. That’s when you got the user hooked. This of course has to do with the different product types: While publishers seek to maximise their audience on page, for brands online content is more of a means to an end, serving as bait to transform users into consumers.
- B2C e-commerce sales of digital content in Finland 2010-2014B2C e-commerce sales of digital content in Finland 2010-2014
- Frequency of digital content access as of November 2013Frequency of digital content access as of November 2013
- Leading digital content services ranked by usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2016Leading digital content services ranked by usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2016
- UK Brent crude oil price annually 1976-2017UK Brent crude oil price annually 1976-2017
- Monthly crude oil price average for UK Brent 2016-2017Monthly crude oil price average for UK Brent 2016-2017
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Revenue of select U.S. newspaper publishers 2016Revenue of select U.S. newspaper publishers 2016
- Italy: most striking news of the week 21-27 March, 2017Italy: most striking news of the week 21-27 March, 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl