Which internet sites do you regularly use?

Most popular Spanish-language websites in the U.S. in 2012 The statistic presents the Spanish language websites visited most often by Hispanic adults in the United States in 2012. During the survey, ten percent of respondents stated they regularly visited the Spanish Yahoo website. The mostly popular website was univision.com, which 20 percent of Hispanics stated they visited regularly.
Hispanic media consumption - additional information

The leading Spanish-language television network in the United States in 2012 was Univision, a network which broadcasts a large variety of sports programs, news programs, and feature films. The number of Spanish-language television networks has steadily risen in the United States in recent years. In 2011, there were five Spanish-language networks across the United States and in 2013 this number had risen to eight.
Of Hispanics living in the United States in 2012, 54 percent reported consuming Spanish-language media regularly or occasionally, while 46 percent claimed that they did not consume Spanish-language media at all. In a separate survey on news media consumption among Hispanics in the United States, 82 percent of Hispanics surveyed stated that the consumed news media in English. On the other hand, only 18 percent of Hispanics said they consumed news media only in Spanish.
As of 2015, Hispanics stated that they preferred to consume online media, reading media and the radio only in the English language.
Show more
Loading statistic...
Expand statistic
Share of respondents
Univision.com20%
Telemundo.com14%
Yahoo en espanol10%
MSN Latino (LATINO.MSN.COM)7%
CNNenespanol.com7%
Latina.com7%
AOL Latino6%
Peopleenespanol.com6%
LAMUSICA.COM5%
Esmas.com5%
TVyNovelas.com5%
Terra.com4%
Batanga.com4%
Vanidades.com4%
HispanicVista.com3%
Elsitio.com3%
Cosmoenespanol.com3%
Hol.hispaniconline.com2%
123.com2%
Poder360.com2%
StarMedia.com2%
Share of respondents
Univision.com20%
Telemundo.com14%
Yahoo en espanol10%
MSN Latino (LATINO.MSN.COM)7%
CNNenespanol.com7%
Latina.com7%
AOL Latino6%
Peopleenespanol.com6%
LAMUSICA.COM5%
Esmas.com5%
TVyNovelas.com5%
Terra.com4%
Batanga.com4%
Vanidades.com4%
HispanicVista.com3%
Elsitio.com3%
Cosmoenespanol.com3%
Hol.hispaniconline.com2%
123.com2%
Poder360.com2%
StarMedia.com2%
Download Settings Share
Chart type
Datalabels
Share on Social Media
HTML code to embed chart as PNG (FAQ)
Download started
Please be patient - this may take a moment
Description Source More information
The statistic presents the Spanish language websites visited most often by Hispanic adults in the United States in 2012. During the survey, ten percent of respondents stated they regularly visited the Spanish Yahoo website. The mostly popular website was univision.com, which 20 percent of Hispanics stated they visited regularly.
Hispanic media consumption - additional information

The leading Spanish-language television network in the United States in 2012 was Univision, a network which broadcasts a large variety of sports programs, news programs, and feature films. The number of Spanish-language television networks has steadily risen in the United States in recent years. In 2011, there were five Spanish-language networks across the United States and in 2013 this number had risen to eight.
Of Hispanics living in the United States in 2012, 54 percent reported consuming Spanish-language media regularly or occasionally, while 46 percent claimed that they did not consume Spanish-language media at all. In a separate survey on news media consumption among Hispanics in the United States, 82 percent of Hispanics surveyed stated that the consumed news media in English. On the other hand, only 18 percent of Hispanics said they consumed news media only in Spanish.
As of 2015, Hispanics stated that they preferred to consume online media, reading media and the radio only in the English language.
Show more
Release date
October 2012
Region
United States
Survey time period
April 24 to June 11, 2012
Number of respondents
n = 4,325 Hispanics
Age group
8-19 years
Method of interview
Online panel
Supplementary notes
Multiple answers were possible.

More information

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year

Basic Account

Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.

Register for free

Premium Account

Your perfect start with Statista

  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$49 / Month *

Corporate Account

Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

Send request

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax
   (New York residents only).
Leading companies trust Statista:
paypalgoogleadobepgsamsungtelekom
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp

Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation

Statistics on "Hispanic media in the U.S."

  • Consumption
The most important statistics
  • Television and film
  • News
  • Radio
  • Books
  • Music
Need help with using Statista for your research? Tutorials and first steps

Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages

Statistics on the topic

Topics

About Statista

Learn more about how Statista can support your business.

Request webinar
Do you have any questions about our business solutions?

We provide you with detailed information about our Corporate Account.

News
News