This report offers insights into Artificial Intelligence, its forms of application and its potential. AI is one of the hot digital topics and it is being applied in many industries to achieve cost savings and productivity growth by tapping a huge automation potential.
The introduction gives an overview of AI and its evolution and describes the different types of AI. Additionally, the revenue potential of AI across industries and countries is analyzed.
The next chapter gives a more detailed description of the different AI technologies of Machine Learning, Robotics, and Artificial Neural Networks.
Furthermore, AI trends such as artificial emotional intelligence or sequential and deep learning, as well as drivers for AI, e.g. advancement in computing power or big data, are analyzed.
As mentioned before, various industries offer potential fields of application for AI. We dive into its particular application in automotive, healthcare, education, finance, and entertainment.
In the next chapter, funding and M&A activities are described. Additionally, the chapter contains a large list of AI start-ups ranked by their funding and a list of recent M&A deals in the AI space.
The last chapter focuses on the competitive landscape and shows a company comparison as well as deep dives into the AI activities of Amazon, Apple, Baidu, ebay, Facebook, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, and UBER.
- AI overview
- Short definition of AI types
- Evolution of AI
- Revenue potential
Technology: AI types
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Artificial emotional intelligence
- Sequential learning
- Deep learning
- Rise of China
- AI hardware growth
- Transfer learning
- Rise in corporate VC investment
- Advancement in computing power
- Open platforms
- Big Data
Application of AI
Start-ups: Funding & M&A
- List of AI start-ups
- Merger & Acquisition
- List of M&A deals
- Company comparison
- Current Artificial Intelligence ecosystem
- Evolution of Artificial Intelligence
- Timeline: AI evolution
- Automation potential across industries
- Automation potential across countries
- Potential annual GVA (Gross Value Added) growth rates in 2035 in %
- AI: Global Revenue Projection in billion US$
- Illustration of the Machine Learning process
- Worldwide big data revenue in billion US$
- Illustration: impact on autonomous driving by deep learning
- Overview: car companies activities in autonomous driving
- Number of AI start-ups by category as of May 2016
- AI start-ups: Annual global funding in billion US$
- AI start-ups: Funding by category in billion US$ in 2006-2016
- AI start-ups: Number of deals in global funding
- AI start-ups: Global deal share in 2016
- List of AI start-ups ranked by funding
- Number of M&A deals
- List of recent M&A deals
- Number of publicly accessible charging points
- Location of selected leading AI companies
- Comparison of leading AI companies
- Important facts & figures
- Recent AI related M&A
- AI R&D areas
More than 7,500
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Big dataBig data
- Cloud computingCloud computing
- Big data in ItalyBig data in Italy
- Artificial intelligence use in marketingArtificial intelligence use in marketing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Tech, communications and media trends outlook report 2019Tech, communications and media trends outlook report 2019
- ICT in CanadaICT in Canada
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) market size/revenue comparisons for 2016 to 2025Artificial Intelligence (AI) market size/revenue comparisons for 2016 to 2025
- Cloud computing worldwide revenue 2015-2018, by segmentCloud computing worldwide revenue 2015-2018, by segment
- Global big data in healthcare market size 2016 & 2025Global big data in healthcare market size 2016 & 2025
- Forecast revenue big data market worldwide 2011-2027Forecast revenue big data market worldwide 2011-2027
- Global big data revenue 2016-2027, by typeGlobal big data revenue 2016-2027, by type
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
Exclusive data available through OAAA partnership
Statista releases new exclusive OOH advertising data from the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA).
New Topic: No-deal Brexit
On January 15, 2019 the British Parliament is set to vote on Theresa May’s Brexit deal. The vote is perilously close to the departure date of March 29, and should it be rejected, a no-deal Brexit is the default scenario. This topic looks at the implications that a no-deal Brexit could have on the UK
E-Commerce Spain: Online Stores Ranking Update
Did you know that the top 3 online stores in Spain achieved a market share of over 20 percent in 2017? Understand the e-commerce market in Spain and get to know the top online stores. eCommerceDB offers detailed online store profiles with key data on the largest ecommerce players worldwide.
European Banking Sector
This extended statistical dossier takes an in-depth look at the current health of the European banking sector as well as its ability to meet the demands of a digital future.
New Dossier: Latin American Online Shopping Events
With consistent growth in recent years, e-commerce is rapidly becoming a part of the shopping culture in Latin America. Often offering important discounts, online shopping events represent a major push to online sales in the region.
Updated Brexit analysis available now!
Statista has updated its outline of potential impacts of the Brexit on UK industries, which is included in our 41 UK Industry Reports. Furthermore, the reports feature statistics, forecasts, survey results, and analyses in a form that is easy to read and adopt.
New Dossier: Digital Marketing in Italy
Italian enterprises invest significantly in digital marketing to enhance their presence, yet the potential strategies to follow are extremely diverse. This dossier presents key aspects of the industry according to professionals and marketers, including new trends in content and e-mail marketing.
Statista European Football Benchmark
The European Football Benchmark compares the big 5 European leagues. Find out which league and club have the largest foreign fan potential? Who are the biggest stars? And how expensive it is to be a fan? Read all this and more with Statista’s report: “European Football Benchmark – the big 5 leagues”
New metric unit: Payments in eCommerce
The payment options available for eCommerce customers have long moved beyond simple cash or card payments. The Digital Market Outlook now offers an analysis of payment methods used by customers in online shopping in 50 countries and forecasts for this metric unit up to 2023.
New Dossier: Foreign conflicts of Saudi Arabia
Recently, the kingdom of Saudi Arabia has faced some foreign political challenges with its Middle Eastern neighbors. The kingdom's current conflicts with Yemen, Iran, Qatar, and Turkey are all different in their nature, however, they all bear consequences for the geopolitical dynamic of the region.
New Dossier: Fintech in Italy
The Fintech sector in Italy is developing steadily. Thanks to young entrepreneurs and new platforms, Fintech is gaining recognition as an alternative and as a complement to the traditional financial system. This dossier presents an overview about the scale and ambitions of this innovative sector.
Statista survey on the U.S. motorcycle market
With a market share of 31% Harley-Davidson is the top-dog on the U.S motorcycle market. On top of that the U.S. manufacturer can prevail against the competition in terms of customer loyalty and brand image. Find out which brands come close to the market leader in the Statista motorcycle Report.
Updated Industry Reports France available now!
Statista has updated its 41 Industry Reports for France with the most recent data. They feature statistics, forecasts, survey results, and analyses in a form that is easy to read and adopt. Understand and assess industries with a report that includes the most important key figures!
New Study: The Brexit Factbook
With the UK set to leave the EU in March next year and negotiations stalling, the chance of a no-deal Brexit is increasing. The Brexit Factbook combines the most important statistics about the UK exiting the EU from the lead-up to the referendum to the economic, financial and political consequences.
New Dossier: Avocado market in Latin America
Latin America is one of the main regions producing avocados, a large share of which are exported to the U.S. and Europe. This dossier provides key information about the avocado’s agricultural production, cultivation area, imports and exports in countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.