With progressing age, condom usage among American men is decreasing, however, the condom usage rate of male teenagers is remarkably high. Fortunately, condom usage and safer sex have led to a significant decrease in infections with dangerous sexually transmitted diseases since the Nineties. The numbers of syphilis infections and HIV fatalities are both continuously declining. Not surprisingly, almost 90 percent of Americans consider birth control usage morally acceptable, and the majority of Americans think that employers should provide the appropriate health care plans covering contraception and birth control.
More interesting facts on sexuality in the United States:
- Most Americans have no moral objection to sex between unmarried partners
- Acceptance of homosexuality is on the rise
- The majority of Americans consider abortion morally wrong
- A third of American women do not primarily take the pill for birth control
- Most Americans believe in true love without an active sex life