The Price Gap Between iOS and Android Is Widening
The price gap between iPhones and Android phones is growing larger. Despite Apple's introduction of the slightly cheaper iPhone 5C, the average iPhone selling price was more than twice as high as the price of an average Android smartphone in 2013.
This year, the expected release of the larger-screen iPhone will likely further increase the price difference between iOS and Android phones. While Android phones are becoming cheaper and cheaper, the larger version of the iPhone 6 will reportedly be sold at a $100 premium, which could push the average price gap to $403, according to an IDC forecast. These numbers explain why, despite dwindling market share, Apple remains the largest profiteer in the smartphone industry.
- Average selling price of Android smartphones and Apple iPhones 2008-2016Average selling price of Android smartphones and Apple iPhones 2008-2016
- Average selling price of smartphones worldwide 2010-2019Average selling price of smartphones worldwide 2010-2019
- Average selling price for smartphones 2012-2018, by operating systemAverage selling price for smartphones 2012-2018, by operating system
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016
- IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021
- Mobile operating systems: market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017Mobile operating systems: market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl