Android's Smartphone Dominance Is Growing
As smartphone shipments topped the one billion mark for the first time in 2013, Android continues to dominate the market. According to IDC, Google's open operating system was installed on almost 80 percent of all smartphones shipped in the past year, up from just 49 percent in 2011. Apple's iOS remains number 2 in the increasingly concentrated market, in which the market share of Windows Phone and BlackBerry OS remains in the low single-digits.
- Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2015Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2015
- Android and iOS users by annual income in China 2012Android and iOS users by annual income in China 2012
- iOS & Android: mobile and wi-fi internet activity in the U.S. 2012iOS & Android: mobile and wi-fi internet activity in the U.S. 2012
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016
- IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021
- News reach in the U.S. 2017, by sourceNews reach in the U.S. 2017, by source
- Mobile operating systems: market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017Mobile operating systems: market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl