The 62 Richest People Are As Wealthy As Half The World
The shocking extent of financial inequality around the world has been laid bare by a new report from Oxfam. It found that in 2015, 62 individuals owned as much wealth as the poorest half of the world's population. It also criticised the amount of money being kept in offshore tax havens. That comes to an estimated $7.6 trillion - more than the GDP of the UK and Germany combined.
- UK football clubs finance survey: Wealth gap between small and big clubs 2014UK football clubs finance survey: Wealth gap between small and big clubs 2014
- Total wealth distribution of billionaires around the world, 2015Total wealth distribution of billionaires around the world, 2015
- Wealth distribution in the United Kingdom (UK) as of 2014, by valueWealth distribution in the United Kingdom (UK) as of 2014, by value
- High net worth individuals: wealth value in the UK and Europe 2009-2015High net worth individuals: wealth value in the UK and Europe 2009-2015
- Income distribution of fourth quartile group in the EU 2015Income distribution of fourth quartile group in the EU 2015
- Private wealth worldwide 2013-2020, by regionPrivate wealth worldwide 2013-2020, by region
- Private wealth worldwide 2013-2020Private wealth worldwide 2013-2020
- Worldwide wealth distribution by net worth of individuals 2015Worldwide wealth distribution by net worth of individuals 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl