The Countries That Imprison The Most Foreigners
Which countries count the most foreigners among their prison populations? At 92 percent, the United Arab Emirates has the highest share in the world. This is of course not so shocking considering the large foreign workforce based in the country. Closely following the UAE is Monaco with 90 percent. In contrast, 5.5 percent of the US prison population is foreign.
- Prisoners convicted of homicide per 100,000 population worldwide 2012, by regionPrisoners convicted of homicide per 100,000 population worldwide 2012, by region
- Change in number of state prisoners in the U.S. 2014/15, by stateChange in number of state prisoners in the U.S. 2014/15, by state
- Percentage of prisoners convicted of homicide worldwide 2012, by regionPercentage of prisoners convicted of homicide worldwide 2012, by region
- Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017
- Prison population in England and Wales 1978-2016Prison population in England and Wales 1978-2016
- Countries with the most prisoners per 100,000 inhabitants, as of April 2016Countries with the most prisoners per 100,000 inhabitants, as of April 2016
- Italy: prison population and capacity 2016, by genderItaly: prison population and capacity 2016, by gender
- Italy: prison population 2000-2016Italy: prison population 2000-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl