From Magazines to Multi-Media Brands
As traditional sources of revenue are further shrinking an outsider to the magazine world might be tempted to conclude that mag makers must be a pretty gloomy bunch. In truth, many publishers seem to have regained a positive outlook, at least those who have managed to transform their businesses.
Indeed there has been an ongoing industry-wide transformation driven by digitalization: Whereas it used to be the case that the printed magazine was the epicenter of all other business, now magazines have morphed into multi-media brands, of which the printed magazine is just one (albeit important) asset.
The chart below based on findings by Folio shows how the magazine business has changed in the 10-year period from 2004 to 2014 by listing the diverse sources of revenue. This chart was published by FIPP here
- Advertising revenue of consumer magazines in Germany 2003-2019Advertising revenue of consumer magazines in Germany 2003-2019
- Net advertising revenue of consumer magazines in Germany 2004-2015Net advertising revenue of consumer magazines in Germany 2004-2015
- Best selling consumer magazines in Germany H1 2016Best selling consumer magazines in Germany H1 2016
- Media advertising expenditure in Germany 2017, by typeMedia advertising expenditure in Germany 2017, by type
- Digital display advertising revenue in Germany 2013-2016Digital display advertising revenue in Germany 2013-2016
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Global ad spend 2007-2021Global ad spend 2007-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl