Solar power eclipses coal in the UK
In May, solar generated more electricity than coal in the UK, according to an analysis conducted by Carbon Brief. Solar generated 1,336 gigawatt hours (GWh) compared to coal's 893 GWh. Longer days and improvements in weather were behind solar's boost while coal has been in steady decline in recent years. Read the whole story on the Independent.
- China: crude steel production by month February 2017China: crude steel production by month February 2017
- Rio Tinto's revenue 2011-2016 by segmentRio Tinto's revenue 2011-2016 by segment
- Energy - price of U.S. and European natural gas 1980-2030Energy - price of U.S. and European natural gas 1980-2030
- China: quarterly gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate Q4 2016China: quarterly gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate Q4 2016
- Silver reserves worldwide by country 2016Silver reserves worldwide by country 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl