Where the Most Post-Recession Apartments Have Been Built
When it comes to real estate development since the recession, nowhere comes close to Long Island City, in New York – at least as far as apartments are concerned. According to analysis by RENTCafé, from 2010 to 2016, over 12,500 apartments were built there, spread across 41 buildings.
Coming in second is Downtown LA with more than 7,500. To get out of NY and CA you have to move outside of the top five where you will find the likes of Uptown Dallas TX (5,839), Broadway in Seattle WA (3,496) and North Burnet in Austin TX.
- Real estate transactions in apartments flats and studios in Belgium 2005-2015Real estate transactions in apartments flats and studios in Belgium 2005-2015
- Leading real estate companies in China 2015, by sales revenueLeading real estate companies in China 2015, by sales revenue
- Distribution of office real estate in the Netherlands 2016, by sectorDistribution of office real estate in the Netherlands 2016, by sector
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States 2020
- Most costly disasters to the insurance industry worldwide 1970-2016Most costly disasters to the insurance industry worldwide 1970-2016
- Total retail sales in the U.S. 1992-2015Total retail sales in the U.S. 1992-2015
- United States - annual real GDP 1990-2015United States - annual real GDP 1990-2015
- Homeownership rate in selected European countries 2015Homeownership rate in selected European countries 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl