Changes to U.S. shopping behavior if a nearby store closes down 2019, by generation

In 2019, 60 percent of millennial consumers in the United States stated that they would continue to buy from the same retailer if that retailer had closed a store near to where they lived. The remaining 40 percent of Millennials would switch to another retailer. In contrast, 55 percent of baby boomers would continue to buy from the same retailer in such a situation.

Effect of a nearby retail store closure on shopping behavior in the United States in 2019, by generation

Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Premium Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Premium Account

only $59 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$708 / Year

Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Sources

Release date

March 2019

Region

United States

Survey time period

February 7 to 10, 2019

Number of respondents

1,005 respondents

Age group

18 years and older

Method of interview

Online survey

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account!

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$59 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.

Statistics on "U.S. apparel and footwear consumer behavior"

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.