Try our corporate solution for free!
(212) 419-8286
hadley.ward@statista.com

Increase in food delivery usage due to COVID-19 in Great Britain 2020, by age

A few days prior to the UK government's lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak, consumers were already beginning to use delivery services more frequently to order takeaway food and drinks. According to the snap poll on March 18, 2020, 60 percent of 18-24 year olds surveyed had already increased the frequency they use delivery services. The 35 to 54 year old age group had the biggest likelihood to increase frequency, with 40 percent saying they would do so.

Share of people who plan to increase their use of food delivery services due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Great Britain in March 2020, by age

Loading statistic...
You need to log in to download this statistic
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Source

In cooperation with
CGA
Release date

March 2020

Region

United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Survey time period

March 18, 2020

Number of respondents

731 respondents

Special properties

GB adults; representative sample (based on age, gender and region)

Method of interview

Online survey

Supplementary notes

Original survey question not provided.

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.

Single Account
The ideal entry-level account for individual users
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references
$59 $39 / Month *
in the first 12 months
Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* Prices do not include sales tax.

Statistics on "Coronavirus: impact on eating and drinking out in the UK"

Further Content: You might find this interesting as well

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.