Impressions of local producers since the 'horsemeat scandal' in Great Britain 2013

How have your impressions of local producers (e.g. livestock farmers, arable farmers, dairy and egg farmers) changed in the last year since the 'horsemeat scandal'?

Impressions of local producers since the 'horsemeat scandal' in Great Britain 2013 This survey shows the change in consumers' impressions towards local producers (e.g. livestock farmers, arable farmers, dairy and egg farmers) in the year following the occurance of horse meat in food products in Great Britian. Of respondents to the survey (conducted December 2013) 47 percent said their impressions of local producers had not changed since the scandal. Of the remaining 53 percent, the majority rated their impressions on the positive end of the scale, between 6 and 10 (10 being 'considerably improved').
Show more

How have your impressions of local producers (e.g. livestock farmers, arable farmers, dairy and egg farmers) changed in the last year since the 'horsemeat scandal'?

Loading statistic...
Expand statistic
Share of respondents
10 - Considerably improved5%
96%
812%
711%
68%
5 - No difference47%
43%
32%
21%
10%
0 - Considerably worsened0%
Don't know7%
Share of respondents
10 - Considerably improved5%
96%
812%
711%
68%
5 - No difference47%
43%
32%
21%
10%
0 - Considerably worsened0%
Don't know7%
Download Settings Share
Download started
Please be patient - this may take a moment
This survey shows the change in consumers' impressions towards local producers (e.g. livestock farmers, arable farmers, dairy and egg farmers) in the year following the occurance of horse meat in food products in Great Britian. Of respondents to the survey (conducted December 2013) 47 percent said their impressions of local producers had not changed since the scandal. Of the remaining 53 percent, the majority rated their impressions on the positive end of the scale, between 6 and 10 (10 being 'considerably improved').
Show more
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$49 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
paypalgoogleadobepgsamsungtelekom
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp

Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation

Statistics on "Food Industry in the United Kingdom (UK)"
  • Overview of the food industry
The most important statistics
  • Meat processing and production
  • Meat market
  • Bakery market
  • Dairy market
  • Confectionery market
  • Convenience food and snacks
Discover Statista
Need help with using Statista for your research? Tutorials and first steps
Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
Do you have any questions about our business solutions?

We provide you with detailed information about our Corporate Account.