Premium
Premium statistics

Industry-specific and extensively researched technical data (partially from exclusive partnerships).

A paid subscription is required for full access.

Annual lobbyist salaries in the United States as of October 14, 2019, by percentile
(in 1,000 U.S. dollars)
Lobbyist salaries in the U.S. 2019
Political lobbyists in the U.S. command wages well above the average, with the median annual salary for a lobbyist being 58.46 thousand U.S. dollars of October 2019. However, even at the lower end of the scale lobbyists earn respectable incomes, with 25 percent earning 51 thousand U.S. dollars. At the other end of the scale, the top 75 percent of lobbyist earned above 75 thousand U.S. dollars per year.

‘Political lobbying in the United States’

Political lobbying is the activity of trying to influence the opinions and actions of people in important political positions, generally elected representatives and people on regulative bodies. Often this activity is performed by professional lobbyists, who are hired owing to their existing connections to the political establishment. Since 2008 spending on lobbying in the U.S. has averaged around 3.3 billion U.S. dollars per year, with an average of around 12,000 active registered lobbyists.

‘Who engages in lobbying?’

A wide range of groups engage in political lobbying. Corporate interests are obviously well represented, with many familiar companies and industry advocacy groups filling out the 2018 list of highest spenders on political lobbying. Aside from big business, special interest groups can also spend significant amounts on lobbying – often with both sides of a public debate contributing large sums. For example, both the pro-gun National Rifle Association and various gun control organizations have spent millions over the last decade to convince politicians of their cause.
Annual lobbyist salaries in the United States as of October 14, 2019, by percentile
(in 1,000 U.S. dollars)
Salary in thousand U.S. dollars
--
--
--
Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Premium Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Premium Account

only $59 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$708 / Year

Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Source

Release date

October 2019

Region

United States

Survey time period

as of October 14, 2019

Supplementary notes

Figures have been rounded.

Lobbyist salaries in the U.S. 2019
Political lobbyists in the U.S. command wages well above the average, with the median annual salary for a lobbyist being 58.46 thousand U.S. dollars of October 2019. However, even at the lower end of the scale lobbyists earn respectable incomes, with 25 percent earning 51 thousand U.S. dollars. At the other end of the scale, the top 75 percent of lobbyist earned above 75 thousand U.S. dollars per year.

‘Political lobbying in the United States’

Political lobbying is the activity of trying to influence the opinions and actions of people in important political positions, generally elected representatives and people on regulative bodies. Often this activity is performed by professional lobbyists, who are hired owing to their existing connections to the political establishment. Since 2008 spending on lobbying in the U.S. has averaged around 3.3 billion U.S. dollars per year, with an average of around 12,000 active registered lobbyists.

‘Who engages in lobbying?’

A wide range of groups engage in political lobbying. Corporate interests are obviously well represented, with many familiar companies and industry advocacy groups filling out the 2018 list of highest spenders on political lobbying. Aside from big business, special interest groups can also spend significant amounts on lobbying – often with both sides of a public debate contributing large sums. For example, both the pro-gun National Rifle Association and various gun control organizations have spent millions over the last decade to convince politicians of their cause.
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account!

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$59 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.
Statistics on "Public relations"
  • Industry financials
  • Employment
  • Leading players
  • Use
  • Lobbying
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $708 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.