This report examines the German B2C E-commerce market from the supply side, through a detailed analysis of the biggest online stores by revenue in Germany in 2017. Services and rights of use (e.g. cell phone contracts), as well as shops selling only digital goods (e.g. Google Play) were not considered.
The ranking is based on a detailed analysis of over 1,000 German online stores, which we firstly surveyed about their revenue in the context of the analysis. Additionally, the data was enhanced by multiple secondary data sources from professional databases (EHI, Bundesanzeiger, Statista). Based on existing data, the drivers of E-commerce revenue were identified and their influencing factors were quantified through a regression analysis, which allowed missing data to be approximated.
The report consists of 2 professionally prepared documents: one PDF document and one Excel file with 1,000 data sets of online stores and around 180 columns.
The PDF document contains a detailed analysis of the data with diagrams and tables regarding the most important results.
The Excel file includes all examined criteria of the top 1,000 online stores in Germany, sorted by revenue. The excel file is in an easy-to-use format in part due to the convenient tables in which further analyses are possible by using the filter option. The following criteria are included:
• E-Commerce revenue
• Total revenue
• Contact person
• Legal form
• Product segments (core and additional segments)
• Sales channels
• Mobile optimisation and apps (iOS, Android)
• Store launch
• Shop systems
• EHI-Seal of quality
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, GooglePlus, Pinterest, Instagram)
• Payment procedures
• Shipping methods
Publishing date: 10. October 2018
You are interested in continuously updated global market data?
In addition to the study, Statista offers a database that focuses on the topic of eCommerce: ecommerceDB.com. Use ecommerceDB.com to access detailed information on revenues and contacts for more than 6,000 online stores worldwide.
The following links redirect you to the studies in german language from prior years:
E-Commerce Market Germany 2017
E-Commerce Market Germany 2016
E-Commerce Market Germany 2015
E-Commerce Market Germany 2014
E-Commerce Market Germany 2013
E-Commerce Market Germany 2012
E-Commerce Market Germany 2011
E-Commerce Market Germany 2010
E-Commerce Market Germany 2009
- E-commerce in EuropeE-commerce in Europe
- E-commerce in PolandE-commerce in Poland
- E-commerce in IndonesiaE-commerce in Indonesia
- B2C E-commerce in the NetherlandsB2C E-commerce in the Netherlands
- E-commerce in GermanyE-commerce in Germany
- E-commerce revenue share of the leading 10 online shops in Germany 2008-2017E-commerce revenue share of the leading 10 online shops in Germany 2008-2017
- E-commerce revenue of the leading online shops in the food segment in Germany 2017E-commerce revenue of the leading online shops in the food segment in Germany 2017
- Revenues of leading online shops in Germany 2013-2017Revenues of leading online shops in Germany 2013-2017
- Distribution of the e-commerce sales in the largest online shops in Germany 2013-2017Distribution of the e-commerce sales in the largest online shops in Germany 2013-2017
- Revenue of the leading online shops in Austria 2017Revenue of the leading online shops in Austria 2017
Statista is a great source of knowledge, and pretty helpful to manage the daily work.
Christof Baron about Statista CEO, MindShare Germany
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!
Download your Report
Updates on eCommerce, Digital Media, eTravel, eServices and more
- Market figures for 2018 to 2023
- Company and startup profiles
- User demographics
U.S. coal production has steadily declined in the past decade, but has been in the news in recent years due to President Trump's desire to revitalize the industry. This document provides an overview of the key figures, leading companies, and the employment trends in the U.S. coal mining industry.
This new export feature offers
- Structured graphical representation of the data
- Tailored target group analysis
- Option for further processing
The Polish e-commerce market is one of the fastest developing e-commerce markets in Europe. The latest data for Poland is presented in this dossier.
Plastic waste is an issue of global concern. Since China banned the import of recycled plastic, the U.S. has had to make adjustments to its management of plastic waste. This dossier provides an overview of plastic waste in the U.S.
This dossier provides an overview of hedge funds worldwide. Global hedge fund assets, performance, investors, and other topics are highlighted.
The Outdoor Advertising Association of America covers amongst others
- Number of billboards
- Outdoor advertising revenue
- Number of out-of-home displays
Find data, perceptions & more about
- Economic consequences
- Impact on the labor market
- A second referendum
Understand the recent developments in the Spanish eCommerce market!
- URL-related revenues
- Relevant online store KPIs
- eCommerce-related contacts
- Extended statistical dossier
- Insights, explanations & interpretations
- Challenges of the digital future
eCommerce is rapidly becoming a part of the Latin American shopping culture. The dossier includes data on
- Regional online shopping events
- Events by country
The outline of potential impacts of Brexit on UK industries has been updated in the UK Industry Reports.
Italian enterprises invest significantly in digital marketing. Find out about
- Relevant aspects & KPIs
- New trends
- Different strategies
Statista European Football Benchmark
- The big 5 European leagues
- All about the clubs & fans
- Sponsors & how they fit in
What are online shoppers' payment preferences around the world?
- Data on all payment methods
- Analysis for 50 countries
- Forecasts up to 2023
The kingdom of Saudi Arabia has faced political challenges.
- Perceptions & trade information
- Conflicts with Yemen, Iran, Qatar & Turkey