Volvo Group - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about the Volvo Group
The Volvo Group is a multinational Swedish company that produces, distributes and sells trucks, buses, construction equipment and financial services with its headquarters located in Gothenburg. In its 2016 fiscal year, trucks composed the Volvo Group’s largest share of net sales at 22 billion U.S. dollars, followed by construction equipment at 5.6 billion and buses at 2.8 billion U.S. dollars. Net sales totaled 302 billion Swedish kronas in the fiscal year of 2016. Most likely due to the economic crisis, the Volvo Group’s operating income suffered in 2009, but has been in the positive ever since. With the company’s headquarters located in Sweden, Europe is the region composing the greatest share of net sales with 38 percent, followed by North America with 27 percent and Asia with 18 percent. The company is also one of the top leading truck manufacturers in the world, trailing only Germany’s Daimler and VW-MAN-Scania, as well as Dongfeng and FAW of China, and India’s number one truck manufacturer Tata.
The Volvo Group ranks as the sixth largest construction equipment manufacturer in the world, with a 4.5 percent market share. In FY 2016, the company employed over 94,914 people mainly located in Sweden and the rest of Europe but also employing a large number of people in Asia, North America and other markets.
- Volvo Group - breakdown of the global net sales by region 2016Volvo Group - breakdown of the global net sales by region 2016
Breakdown of Volvo Group's global net sales in FY 2016, by region (in million U.S. dollars)
- Volvo Group - employees by region FY 2015+Volvo Group - employees by region FY 2015
Volvo Group's employees in FY 2015, by region
- Volvo Group - bus deliveries 2004-2016+Volvo Group - bus deliveries 2004-2016
Volvo Group's bus deliveries from FY 2004 to FY 2016 (in units)
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global brand market share 2016Leading carmakers worldwide - global brand market share 2016
- The leading global automotive suppliers based on revenue 2015The leading global automotive suppliers based on revenue 2015
- Number of registered cars in Germany in 2016, by car brandNumber of registered cars in Germany in 2016, by car brand
- U.S. vehicle sales of North American car brands - March 2017U.S. vehicle sales of North American car brands - March 2017
- Passenger cars - sales in selected countries worldwide 2005-2016Passenger cars - sales in selected countries worldwide 2005-2016