Many Channels, Few Watched
These days, viewers have a plethora of television channels to choose from. Back in 1994, the number of channels received by the average U.S. household was 40, with people watching ten of them. In 2013, viewers could avail of a whopping 189 channels. Despite this, however, they only watch somewhere between 17 and 18.
- Average television consumption per weekday in Germany 2012-2016Average television consumption per weekday in Germany 2012-2016
- Italy: television viewers 2015, by regionItaly: television viewers 2015, by region
- Italy: television viewers 2015, by macro regionItaly: television viewers 2015, by macro region
- Rio Paralympics 2016: daily viewership figuresRio Paralympics 2016: daily viewership figures
- Number of TV households in the U.S. 2000-2017Number of TV households in the U.S. 2000-2017
- Viewers of the Summer Olympics opening ceremony in the U.S. 1988-2016Viewers of the Summer Olympics opening ceremony in the U.S. 1988-2016
- Economic impact of the U.S. toy industry 2015Economic impact of the U.S. toy industry 2015
- Number of TV households worldwide 2010-2021Number of TV households worldwide 2010-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl