Netflix Hits 65 Million Subscribers
Thanks to continued strong international growth, Netflix added 3.3 million subscribers in the second quarter of 2015. The popular streaming platform now boasts a total of 65.6 million subscribers, 42.3 million of which are based in the United States. International subcribers accounted for more than 70 percent of Netflix's subscriber growth in the second quarter, as the company's international push continued.
Netflix generated $1.64 billion in revenue between April and June, a 23-percent increase over last year's June quarter. Meanwhile net profit declined by more than 60 percent to $26 million, mainly due to costs related to the company's international expansion. In a letter to shareholders, CEO Reed Hastings explained that the company plans to operate around break-even through 2016 and to rake in substantial profits starting in 2017.
- Netflix: number of subscribers 2015, by regionNetflix: number of subscribers 2015, by region
- Number of Netflix subscribers in the Netherlands 2016Number of Netflix subscribers in the Netherlands 2016
- Number of Netflix streaming subscribers worldwide 2011-2016Number of Netflix streaming subscribers worldwide 2011-2016
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Streaming music subscribers worldwide 2010-2020Streaming music subscribers worldwide 2010-2020
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month December 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month December 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl