The Worst Countries In The World For Drunk Driving
South Africa is one of the most dangerous countries worldwide for road accidents with 25.1 deaths per 100,000 people every year according to the WHO's Global Status report on Road Safety for 2015. A shocking 6 out of every 10 fatalities on the country's roads are caused by alcohol impairment. How does that compare to other countries?
Canada has seen its fatal road accidents fall 43 percent since 2000 but the rate of death from alcohol consumption remains high for a developed nation at 34 percent. The United States also has a high rate of road accident fatalities through alcohol at 31 percent while the rate in Germany is only 9 percent.
- Made-In Country Index: perception of products made in South Africa, by country 2017Made-In Country Index: perception of products made in South Africa, by country 2017
- South Africa's coal production in oil equivalent 1998-2015South Africa's coal production in oil equivalent 1998-2015
- Primary energy consumption in South Africa 1998-2015Primary energy consumption in South Africa 1998-2015
- Rare earths - distribution of global reserves 2016Rare earths - distribution of global reserves 2016
- World mine reserves of gold by country 2016World mine reserves of gold by country 2016
- Reported U.S. gold consumption 2007-2016Reported U.S. gold consumption 2007-2016
- Aluminum production top countries 2010-2016Aluminum production top countries 2010-2016
- Gold production sorted by major countries 2010-2016Gold production sorted by major countries 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl