Where You Can Surf a Lot For a Little in the EU
The EU is harmonizing mobile roaming prices. This also applies to prices for data roaming. They are set to drop from € 7.70 per GB to from June 15, 2017, to € 2.50 per GB as of January 1, 2022, according to a decision announced by the European Commission on Wednesday.
As our infographic shows, there still are huge differences across the EU, when it comes to providing low-price high-speed 4G data volume. While some countries have scrapped the data cap altogether, in others you get an astonishing bad deal in comparison. For example 30 Euros can get you 60 GB in Estonia, while you’ll have to put up with a tenth of volume for the same price in Germany, according to the Digital Fuel Monitor.
- Average monthly data volume per mobile internet user in Germany 2009-2015Average monthly data volume per mobile internet user in Germany 2009-2015
- Distribution of mobile internet users in China in 2011, by monthly data volumeDistribution of mobile internet users in China in 2011, by monthly data volume
- Mobile communications data volume usage in Germany 2005-2015Mobile communications data volume usage in Germany 2005-2015
- Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016
- Unemployment rate in EU countries January 2017Unemployment rate in EU countries January 2017
- World pharmaceutical sales by region forecast 2020World pharmaceutical sales by region forecast 2020
- World pharmaceutical market growth by region 2015-2020 World pharmaceutical market growth by region 2015-2020
- China's total imports and exports 2010-2016China's total imports and exports 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl