Google Tipped to Dominate Booming Mobile Ad Market
Mobile ad spending in the United States is expected to jump to $4 billion this year. Market research firm eMarketer predicts strong growth for the next few years and expects mobile ad spending to reach $20 billion in 2016.
The largest beneficiaries of the mobile boom will be the usual suspects. Google is tipped to control 56.6 percent of the mobile ad market by the end of the year and looks set to retain that dominance through the next years.
Facebook is expected to rake in $339 million in mobile ad revenue this year, a remarkable achievement given the fact that Facebook didn’t even sell mobile ads in the beginning of 2012.
- Google and Facebook's share of digital display ad spending in the UK 2012-2016Google and Facebook's share of digital display ad spending in the UK 2012-2016
- Digital advertising market value in France 2010-2015Digital advertising market value in France 2010-2015
- Advertising market share of media types in Germany 2014Advertising market share of media types in Germany 2014
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies March 13-19, 2017Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies March 13-19, 2017
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Global ad spend 2007-2021Global ad spend 2007-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl