How Rich Are The Billionaires?
Last week the cryptocurrency bitcoin made the headlines again: the price of bitcoin had surpassed the gold price for the very first time as its value rose to an all-time high. As of March 5, 2017 one bitcoin was worth approximately 1,250 dollars, making the five richest men on earth millionaires in bitcoin too. Bill Gates, the richest of the five, had a net worth of 85.6 billion dollars, which equaled 173.500 gold bars or 68.5 million bitcoin.
The top 5 is completed by Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos, Amancio Ortega and Mark Zuckerberg. Together these billionaires own 366.4 billion dollars, or the equivalent of 742,250 gold bars or 293.1 million bitcoin. The latter purely hypothetically of course: the number of bitcoin in circulation today is only roughly 16.2 million.
- Net wealth per adult in Asia Pacific 2005-2016Net wealth per adult in Asia Pacific 2005-2016
- Wealth distribution of billionaires in Indonesia 2015Wealth distribution of billionaires in Indonesia 2015
- Wealth distribution of billionaires in Thailand 2015Wealth distribution of billionaires in Thailand 2015
- Ultra high net worth individuals - distribution by region 2016Ultra high net worth individuals - distribution by region 2016
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020
- Ranking of the 25 richest people in China as of 2016Ranking of the 25 richest people in China as of 2016
- Ultra high net worth individuals in selected countries 2016Ultra high net worth individuals in selected countries 2016
- Ultra high net worth individuals: population of the global 1 percent 2016, by countryUltra high net worth individuals: population of the global 1 percent 2016, by country
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl