The World's Most Respected 'Made in' Labels
Statista's Made-In-Country-Index (MICI) 2017 has shed light on the worldwide reputation of products produced in 49 different countries (plus the EU). The survey of more than 43 thousand consumers - representing 90 percent of the global population - delves into the standing of 'Made in' labels around the world, revealing the national brands with the most respect.
The 'Made in' label was originally introduced by the British at the end of the 19th century to protect their economy from cheap, low quality and sometimes counterfeit imports from Germany. It is therefore rather ironic that Germany now sits atop the ranking as the most respected label in the world. Coming in a close second is Switzerland while the founders of the system find themselves in a still very respectable fourth place. The United States is joint eighth with France and Japan.
- U.S. consumer attitudes toward energy drink consumption 2016U.S. consumer attitudes toward energy drink consumption 2016
- U.S. consumer attitudes toward energy drink consumption 2016, by ageU.S. consumer attitudes toward energy drink consumption 2016, by age
- U.S. consumer attitudes toward energy drink consumption 2016, by genderU.S. consumer attitudes toward energy drink consumption 2016, by gender
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Consumer expenditure in Europe 2016, by countryConsumer expenditure in Europe 2016, by country
- Average daily consumer spending in the U.S. September 2016Average daily consumer spending in the U.S. September 2016
- Advertising likeability in the U.S. 2016Advertising likeability in the U.S. 2016
- Image ranking of online shops in Germany 2015Image ranking of online shops in Germany 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl