Tencent is Top of the Game Revenues Leaderboard
Tencent was the public company with the highest revenue from games in fiscal year 2016. When excluding hardware, the Chinese giant outpunched Sony and Microsoft by some margin with total turnover of 10.2 billion U.S. dollars. Tencent has been investing heavily in game companies.
In 2011 it bought a majority stake in Riot, the developer of League of Legends ( the most played game in the world right now). Other key investments include a share of the company third on this list, Activision Blizzard (Call of Duty, World of Warcraft), 84 percent of Supercell (Clash of Clans) and a 330 million dollar slice of Epic Games, developers of the ubiquitous Unreal Engine.
- Video games industry market value in the United Kingdom (UK) 2011-2015, by sector Video games industry market value in the United Kingdom (UK) 2011-2015, by sector
- Number of employees in the PC games industry in Denmark from 2008-2014Number of employees in the PC games industry in Denmark from 2008-2014
- Company growth in the games industry in the Netherlands 2015, by company typeCompany growth in the games industry in the Netherlands 2015, by company type
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Plush animals U.S. toy sales 2016Plush animals U.S. toy sales 2016
- Leading gaming markets worldwide 2016, by revenueLeading gaming markets worldwide 2016, by revenue
- Ranking of the 25 richest people in China as of 2016Ranking of the 25 richest people in China as of 2016
- Turnover of the game development market in Sweden 2010-2015Turnover of the game development market in Sweden 2010-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl