Global Skin Care Market
The skin care industry has witnessed a shift from demand from older consumers to a growing younger consumer base. People are beginning to use skin care at an increasingly young age in a bid to delay the signs of aging, while the number of older consumers is beginning to fall. Skin care companies may adapt their marketing strategies to correct this balance and hold on to their older consumer base.
The U.S. skin care and toiletries market in general is benefiting from rising demand for natural and organic products, with a faster growth rate than that of the overall market. In 2016, 57 percent of U.S. women said it was important to buy all-natural skin-care products. Therefore companies continue to offer consumers innovative products, concentrating on developing environmentally friendly products either made locally or using locally sourced ingredients. Anti-aging products also represent a strong growth area in the US cosmetics and toiletries market. In 2014, the leading skin care brand in the United States was Olay Regenerist, a facial anti-aging brand that is owned by Procter & Gamble, with sales that amounted to approximately 103 million U.S. dollars. The U.S. anti-aging skin care market generated about 2.11 billion U.S. dollars in 2013, with that figure expected to decrease to 2.05 billion U.S. dollars by 2015.
In light of falling consumer confidence, companies operating in the skin care product market are concentrating on offering consumers cheaper alternatives to their usual skin care regimes. Own-brand products also rose in popularity as consumers sought to continue caring for their skin while limiting their spending on non-essential items.
We are the global leading platform for business data from 600 industries and 50 countries.
|Market size in billion U.S. dollars|
$49 / Month *
Prices do not include sales tax.
in one Presentation
Everything On "Skin care market in the U.S." in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation
- Annual growth of the global cosmetics market from 2004 to 2018*Growth rate of the global cosmetics market 2004-2018
- Breakdown of the cosmetic market worldwide from 2011 to 2018, by geographic zoneBreakdown of the cosmetic market worldwide 2011-2018, by geographic zone
- Value of the beauty and personal care market worldwide in 2017, by country (in billion U.S. dollars)Value of the global beauty and personal care market 2017, by country
- Sales value of prestige beauty products worldwide in 2017, by category (in billion U.S. dollars)Sales of prestige beauty products worldwide 2017, by category
- Growth of the beauty market worldwide between in 2018, by category Growth of global beauty market in 2018, by category
- Breakdown of the cosmetic market worldwide from 2011 to 2018, by product categoryBreakdown of the cosmetic market worldwide 2011-2018, by product category
- Beauty market value growth worldwide from 2014 to 2019, by country (in million U.S. dollars)Global beauty market value growth 2014-2019, by country
- Size of the global skin care market from 2012 to 2025 (in billion U.S. dollars)*Global skin care market size 2012-2025
- Revenue of the leading 20 beauty manufacturers worldwide in 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)Revenue of the leading 20 beauty manufacturers worldwide 2018
- Brand value of the leading personal care brands worldwide in 2019 (in million U.S. dollars)Brand value of the leading personal care brands worldwide 2019
- Brand value of the leading 10 cosmetic brands worldwide in 2019 (in million U.S. dollars)Brand value of the leading 10 cosmetic brands worldwide 2019
- Consolidated sales share of L'Oréal's cosmetic branch worldwide from 2011 to 2018, by business segmentSales share of L'Oréal's global cosmetic branch 2011-2018, by business segment
- Global revenue of the Unilever Group from 2005 to 2018, by product segment (in million euros)Revenue of the Unilever Group worldwide 2005-2018, by product segment
- Procter & Gamble's net sales share worldwide from 2011 to 2019, by business segmentProcter & Gamble's net sales worldwide 2011-2019, by segment
- Net sales of Estée Lauder worldwide from 2010 to 2019, by product category (in million U.S. dollars)Net sales of Estée Lauder worldwide 2010-2019, by product category
- Distribution of beauty content views on YouTube as of August 2018YouTube: beauty content share of views 2018
- Annual beauty-related content views on YouTube from 2009 to 2018 (in billions)YouTube: annual beauty content views 2009-2018
- Leading beauty and cosmetics brands on Twitter as of July 2018, by followers (in 1,000s)Most-followed beauty brands on Twitter 2018
- Leading beauty brands with the most followers on Facebook as of October 2019 (in millions)Facebook: number of followers of popular beauty brands 2019
- Leading beauty brands ranked by number of Instagram followers as of September 2019 (in millions)Instagram: most-followed beauty brands 2019
- Leading beauty and fashion brands ranked by Instagram user engagement as of May 2017 (in million interactions)Instagram: most-engaged beauty and fashion brands 2017
- Most popular types of beauty content videos on YouTube as of August 2018, by share of viewsYouTube: beauty content consumption 2018
- Market size of cosmetic ingredients worldwide in 2015 and 2020 (in billion U.S. dollars)Market size of cosmetic ingredients worldwide 2015-2020
- Size of the cosmetic ingredients market worldwide from 2017 to 2023 (in billion U.S. dollars)Market size of cosmetics & personal care ingredients worldwide 2017-2023
- Compound annual growth rate of cosmetic ingredients worldwide between 2016-2021, by application*Global annual growth rate of cosmetic ingredients market by application 2016-2021
- Number of contract manufacturers of color cosmetics worldwide as of January 2019, by countryGlobal color cosmetics contract manufacturers 2019, by country
- Projected sales value of color cosmetics worldwide in 2018, by leading country (in billion U.S. dollars)Global color cosmetics market value by country 2018