Premium
Premium statistics

Industry-specific and extensively researched technical data (partially from exclusive partnerships).

A paid subscription is required for full access.

Italy: production costs of the leather tanning industry 2017

Structure of the production costs of the Italian leather tanning industry in Italy in 2017

by Statista Research Department, last edited Jun 21, 2019
Italy: production costs of the leather tanning industry 2017 In 2017, approximately 54 percent of the production costs of the leather tanning industry were destined to the purchase of raw materials. Half of these raw materials (52 percent) came from within the EU, while the remaining 48 percent came from the rest of the world.
Leather tanning industry in Italy

The leather tanning industry in Italy is very successful and managed to survive and thrive through the years thanks to a successful mix of traditional craftmanship and technological innovation. In 2017, the industry boasted over 1.2 thousand companies, the vast majority of which was located in two regions: Tuscany and Veneto. Moreover, in the same year, these companies provided employment for approximately 18 thousand workers.

Production and exports

The Italian leather tanning industry’s production was rather stable during the last few years, reporting a value of 5.1 billion euros. However, the production of this kind of product is in general most likely to be destined to be exported to countries which then use it to produce leather footwear, bags, suitcases and other accessories. In fact, approximately 75 percent of the production was exported in 2017, for a value of 3.8 billion euros.
Show more

Structure of the production costs of the Italian leather tanning industry in Italy in 2017

Share of production costs
--
--
--
--
--
Share of production costs
--
--
--
--
--
Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Premium Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1.5m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Premium Account

only $49 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$588 / Year

Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Premium Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1.5m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Premium Account

only $49 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$588 / Year

Download Settings Share
Download started
Please be patient - this may take a moment
by Statista Research Department, last edited Jun 21, 2019
In 2017, approximately 54 percent of the production costs of the leather tanning industry were destined to the purchase of raw materials. Half of these raw materials (52 percent) came from within the EU, while the remaining 48 percent came from the rest of the world.
Leather tanning industry in Italy

The leather tanning industry in Italy is very successful and managed to survive and thrive through the years thanks to a successful mix of traditional craftmanship and technological innovation. In 2017, the industry boasted over 1.2 thousand companies, the vast majority of which was located in two regions: Tuscany and Veneto. Moreover, in the same year, these companies provided employment for approximately 18 thousand workers.

Production and exports

The Italian leather tanning industry’s production was rather stable during the last few years, reporting a value of 5.1 billion euros. However, the production of this kind of product is in general most likely to be destined to be exported to countries which then use it to produce leather footwear, bags, suitcases and other accessories. In fact, approximately 75 percent of the production was exported in 2017, for a value of 3.8 billion euros.
Show more
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account!

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$49 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
paypalgoogleadobepgsamsungtelekom
Related Studies: Available to Download in PDF or PPTX Format
Leather tanning industry in Italy
Leather tanning industry in Italy

All Information
in one Presentation

Leather tanning industry in Italy

Everything On "Leather tanning industry in Italy" in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.

Statista has been my savior on several occasions. The site is easy to maneuver and the data is in a format that can go right into a report or presentation.
Marlene Greenfield

Marlene Greenfield
Vice President, Hearst Magazines

Statistics on "Leather tanning industry in Italy"
  • Industry overview
The most important statistics
  • Trade
  • Travel goods
  • Small leather products
  • Leather footwear
Discover Statista
Need help with using Statista for your research? Tutorials and first steps
Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
Do you have any questions about our business solutions?

We provide you with detailed information about our Corporate Account.