The statistic shows the global entrepreneurship index score in Singapore in 2017, broken down by components. In 2017, Singapore seems to be irreproachable in the opportunity startup, the human capital, process innovation, the high growth and the internationalization area with an entrepreneurship ecosystem score on each component of 100 percent.
Global entrepreneurship index score in Singapore in 2017, by components
The component measure shows how the selected country scored on each of the 14 entrepreneurship ecosystem components. A high score ( shown as percentage) means that the regulatory environment is conducive to entrepreneurship operations.
< Definitions of listed indicators according to the source >
- Opportunity Perception: Can the population identify opportunities to start a business and does the institutional environment make it possible to act on those opportunities?
- Startup Skills: Does the population on have the skills necessary to start a business based on their own perceptions and the availability of tertiary education?
- Risk Acceptance: Are individuals willing to take the risk of starting a business? Is the environment relatively low risk or do unstable institutions add additional risk to starting a business?
- Networking: Do entrepreneurs know each other and how geographically concentrated are their networks?
- Cultural Support: How does the country view entrepreneurship? Is it easy to choose entrepreneurship or does corruption make entrepreneurship difficult relative to other career paths?
- Opportunity Perception: Are entrepreneurs motivated by opportunity rather than necessity and does governance make
the choice to be an entrepreneur easy?
- Technology Absorption: Is the technology sector large and can businesses rapidly absorb new technology?
- Human Capital: Are entrepreneurs highly educated, well trained in business and able to move freely in the labor market?
- Competition: Are entrepreneurs creating unique products and services and able to enter the market with them?
- Product Innovation: Is the country able to develop new products and integrate new technology?
- Process Innovation: Do businesses use new technology and are they able access high quality human capital in STEM fields?
- High Growth: Do businesses intend to grow and have the strategic capacity to achieve this growth?
- Internationalization: Do entrepreneurs want to enter global markets and is the economy complex enough to produce ideas that are valuable globally?
- Risk Capital: Is capital available from both individual and institutional investors?
Profit from the additional features of your individual account
Currently, you are using a shared account. To use individual functions (e.g., mark statistics as favourites, set
statistic alerts) please log in with your personal account.
If you are an admin, please authenticate by logging in again.
Access All Statistics. Starting from $1,788 USD / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
GEDI. (December 1, 2017). Global entrepreneurship index score in Singapore in 2017, by components [Graph]. In Statista. Retrieved December 08, 2023, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/882698/singapore-global-entrepreneurship-index-score/
GEDI. "Global entrepreneurship index score in Singapore in 2017, by components." Chart. December 1, 2017. Statista. Accessed December 08, 2023. https://www.statista.com/statistics/882698/singapore-global-entrepreneurship-index-score/
GEDI. (2017). Global entrepreneurship index score in Singapore in 2017, by components. Statista. Statista Inc.. Accessed: December 08, 2023. https://www.statista.com/statistics/882698/singapore-global-entrepreneurship-index-score/
GEDI. "Global Entrepreneurship Index Score in Singapore in 2017, by Components." Statista, Statista Inc., 1 Dec 2017, https://www.statista.com/statistics/882698/singapore-global-entrepreneurship-index-score/
GEDI, Global entrepreneurship index score in Singapore in 2017, by components Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/882698/singapore-global-entrepreneurship-index-score/ (last visited December 08, 2023)
Global entrepreneurship index score in Singapore in 2017, by components [Graph], GEDI, December 1, 2017. [Online]. Available: https://www.statista.com/statistics/882698/singapore-global-entrepreneurship-index-score/