South Korea and Japan Top Internet Speed Ranking
For some time now, South Korea has boasted the highest average internet connection speed in the world. In the second quarter of 2013, South Korean internet users surfed at an average speed of 13.3 Mbps, 53 percent faster than Americans whose connection speed averaged at 8.7 Mbps. To add a little perspective: at 8.7 Mbps, it takes a little less than an hour to download a 2-hour movie in HD quality (file size 3GB-4GB).
The United States is ranked 8th in the global speed ranking that is topped by South Korea, Japan and Switzerland, the latter having displaced Hong Kong from third rank. The global average connection speed was measured at 3.3 Mbps, after having passing 3 Mbps for the first time in the first quarter of this year.
- Households with broadband internet access in EMEAHouseholds with broadband internet access in EMEA
- Households with broadband internet access in Bulgaria 2006-2015, by residenceHouseholds with broadband internet access in Bulgaria 2006-2015, by residence
- Households with broadband internet access in Bulgaria 2004 to 2015, by household typeHouseholds with broadband internet access in Bulgaria 2004 to 2015, by household type
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month October 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month October 2016
- Distribtuion of the leading importing countries of iron ore 2015Distribtuion of the leading importing countries of iron ore 2015
- Car production in China 2006-2016Car production in China 2006-2016
- Monthly passenger car sales in China October 2016, by country of originMonthly passenger car sales in China October 2016, by country of origin
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of Australia 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) of Australia 2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl