Germany is the World’s No. 1 Automobile Exporter By Far
The world’s top ten automobile exporters are still primarily developed economies, even though the developed world, led by China, is quickly closing the gap. In 2011, the top 10 exporters worldwide accounted for 70 percent of the world’s total automobile export value.
Of these, Germany is the chief exporter by some distance. Europe’s economic powerhouse exported an impressive $245.4 billion worth of automobiles in 2011. During the same year, Germany reported $104.1 billion of vehicle imports.
Even though the United States imported a massive $211.6 billion of automobiles in 2011, it was still the world’s second strongest country in terms of exports. By the end of 2011, U.S. auto exports reached $119.7 billion.
Japan rounds off the top three – Japanese automobile exports amounted to $150 billion during the same year. Meanwhile, imports reached just $17 billion in comparison.
- Automobile industry sales in Germany from 2005 to 2015Automobile industry sales in Germany from 2005 to 2015
- Employees in the automobile industry in Germany from 2005 to 2015Employees in the automobile industry in Germany from 2005 to 2015
- Number of car exports from Germany 1990-2015Number of car exports from Germany 1990-2015
- Change of gasoline price in selected countries 2016-2017Change of gasoline price in selected countries 2016-2017
- Passenger car sales in China 2008-2017*, by modelPassenger car sales in China 2008-2017*, by model
- Commercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2017, by modelCommercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2017, by model
- Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017
- Gasoline price per liter in selected countries - February 2017Gasoline price per liter in selected countries - February 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl