How Much of Their Online Lives Are Couples Willing to Share?
The longer a couple has been together the more likely its partners are to share their online accounts. That is the not so surprising result of a Pew Research study on couples' sharing of online accounts and passwords. While it makes sense that hardly any couples share a Facebook account, surprisingly many do share an email address. 38 percent of internet users that have been in a relationship for longer than 10 years use the same email account. The thing most commonly shared by online couples is passwords. More than half of the couples in the survey stated to know each others passwords regardless of how long they have been together.
- Women's opinion on what tends to make them happy in their romantic relationshipsWomen's opinion on what tends to make them happy in their romantic relationships
- Number of married couples in the U.S. 1960-2016Number of married couples in the U.S. 1960-2016
- Most valued relationships in the life of the U.S. youth in 2012Most valued relationships in the life of the U.S. youth in 2012
- Value of various global luxury markets 2016, by market typeValue of various global luxury markets 2016, by market type
- Value of the global personal luxury goods market 1995-2016Value of the global personal luxury goods market 1995-2016
- Most valuable luxury brands worldwide by brand value 2016Most valuable luxury brands worldwide by brand value 2016
- Americans' moral stance towards divorce in 2016Americans' moral stance towards divorce in 2016
- Americans' moral stance towards sex between unmarried persons in 2016Americans' moral stance towards sex between unmarried persons in 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl