iPhone to Account for 68% of Apple's Gross Profit This Year
Pacific Crest analyst Andy Hargreaves put out a note this week expressing his optimism regarding Apple's short term outlook. He believes Apple is planning to release a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 this year that could come with an even higher price tag than the iPhone 5S.
Hargreaves expects Apple to sell its first larger-screen iPhone for $299 with a two year contract, which would be $100 above what Apple currently charges for the 5S. At such a price point, the highly-anticipated large-screen iPhone could not only boost sales, but also improve Apple's stagnating profit margins. Given the fact that the iPhone is already Apple's biggest cash cow (see the chart for a breakdown of Apple's estimated 2014 profit), the prospect of improved margins on a top-selling new iPhone will bode well with Apple's shareholders who are keenly waiting for Apple to reignite its stuttering growth engine.
- Net profit margin of the top mining companies 2002-2015Net profit margin of the top mining companies 2002-2015
- Gross profit margin of select U.S. biotech and drugs companies Q2 2016Gross profit margin of select U.S. biotech and drugs companies Q2 2016
- GlaxoSmithKline's profit 2006-2016GlaxoSmithKline's profit 2006-2016
- AstraZeneca's revenue from top product Crestor 2006-2016AstraZeneca's revenue from top product Crestor 2006-2016
- World pharmaceutical sales 2014-2016 by region World pharmaceutical sales 2014-2016 by region
- World pharmaceutical sales by region forecast 2020World pharmaceutical sales by region forecast 2020
- World pharmaceutical market growth by region 2015-2020 World pharmaceutical market growth by region 2015-2020
- Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2021Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl