Facebook's Impressive Mobile Line-Up
When Facebook filed for its initial public offering in early 2012, the company named the ongoing transition to mobile as one of the biggest risks to its future success. If the transition to mobile was indeed the biggest challenge in Mark Zuckerberg's young career as CEO of a billion-dollar company, he managed it admirably well.
Not only does Facebook generate most of its revenue on mobile devices, the company also owns three of the most popular apps in the world. First there's Facebook, which had more than 1.4 billion mobile users in the fourth quarter of 2015. Than there's Instagram, which has more than 400 million users and is immensely popular with tech-savvy Millennials. And finally, there's Facebook's most expensive acquisition: WhatsApp, which is quickly closing in on one billion users.
With a mobile line-up like this, Facebook appears to be in a position that all but guarantees sustained success in the mobile landscape.
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month November 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month November 2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl