Apple Posts Record iPhone Sales as iPad Sales Slump
Apple can look forward to a record breaking March quarter, thanks to surging iPhone sales. Between January and March 2015, the company sold 61.2 million units, an increase of 40 percent compared to the same period last year. By contrast, iPad sales continue to slump, decreasing 23 percent compared to last year. This means Apple’s tablet sales have now declined for the fifth consecutive quarter. Still, given that the company raked in $13.6 billion in profit, it should be able to handle flagging iPad sales, as long as the iPhone continues to sell well.
- Apple product sales comparison 2009-2016, by quarterApple product sales comparison 2009-2016, by quarter
- Projected number of iPhone and iPad sales in 2011Projected number of iPhone and iPad sales in 2011
- Apple iPhone U.S. users by device family 2014-2015Apple iPhone U.S. users by device family 2014-2015
- Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016
- Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016
- Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- U.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2016, by monthU.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2016, by month
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens