Apple Posts Record iPhone Sales as iPad Sales Slump
Apple can look forward to a record breaking March quarter, thanks to surging iPhone sales. Between January and March 2015, the company sold 61.2 million units, an increase of 40 percent compared to the same period last year. By contrast, iPad sales continue to slump, decreasing 23 percent compared to last year. This means Apple’s tablet sales have now declined for the fifth consecutive quarter. Still, given that the company raked in $13.6 billion in profit, it should be able to handle flagging iPad sales, as long as the iPhone continues to sell well.
- Apple product sales comparison 2009-2017, by quarterApple product sales comparison 2009-2017, by quarter
- iPhone and iPad app revenue worldwide 2014-2015iPhone and iPad app revenue worldwide 2014-2015
- Projected number of iPhone and iPad sales in 2011Projected number of iPhone and iPad sales in 2011
- U.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by monthU.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by month
- Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2021Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2021
- Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl