Desktop Shoppers Outspend Mobile Buyers
As people have grown accustomed to completing tasks on mobile devices and smartphone screens have become large enough to allow comfortable browsing, more and more online shopping is done on the go. However, according to data published in Monetate’s E-Commerce Quarterly report, people still tend to fire up their laptops or desktop computers when shopping for big-ticket items.
According to Monetate’s findings, which are based on millions of online shopping sessions worldwide, the average amount spent by online shoppers is significantly higher on desktop devices than it is on smartphones and tablets as today’s chart nicely illustrates.
- U.S. average order value in e-grocery 2015, by retailerU.S. average order value in e-grocery 2015, by retailer
- Online fashion retail: increase in average order value Europe by country 2015-2016Online fashion retail: increase in average order value Europe by country 2015-2016
- Online fashion retail: increase average order value Europe by device 2015-2016Online fashion retail: increase average order value Europe by device 2015-2016
- Sinterklaas online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2015-2016Sinterklaas online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2015-2016
- Sinterklaas extra online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2014-2016Sinterklaas extra online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2014-2016
- United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2021United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2021
- E-commerce turnover in Sweden 2012-2016E-commerce turnover in Sweden 2012-2016
- E-commerce turnover growth in Sweden 2013-2016E-commerce turnover growth in Sweden 2013-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl