Apple's iPhone Business in Perspective
When Apple holds its highly-anticipated keynote on Wednesday, millions of people will be watching, curious what the world’s arguably most secretive company has to unveil. But even though much of the attention ahead of the event has been focused on what Apple may present besides the new iPhone models (a giant iPad? a revamped Apple TV?), it’s the iPhone presentation that is most important to Apple’s future.
After the first iPhone was released in 2007, it quickly became Apple’s largest cash cow, accounting for 69 percent of the company’s revenue in the 2014 holiday quarter. Today’s chart illustrates how huge the iPhone business really is. In the past quarter, Apple generated more revenue selling iPhones than Google, eBay and Facebook did combined.
So whatever Apple’s upcoming keynote has in store, the company’s investors will probably be happy as long as the new iPhones are received positively.
- Leading iPhone apps in Great Britain (GB) 2017, by revenue Leading iPhone apps in Great Britain (GB) 2017, by revenue
- Leading iPhone apps worldwide 2017, by revenue Leading iPhone apps worldwide 2017, by revenue
- iPhone revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2017, by quarteriPhone revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2017, by quarter
- 2017 global list of the top oil and gas companies based on revenue 2017 global list of the top oil and gas companies based on revenue
- China: weekly box office revenue - May 15 to May 21, 2017China: weekly box office revenue - May 15 to May 21, 2017
- Digital Market Outlook: e-commerce revenue in France 2015-2021, by segmentDigital Market Outlook: e-commerce revenue in France 2015-2021, by segment
- Revenues of leading global generics manufacturers 2016Revenues of leading global generics manufacturers 2016
- Weekend box office revenue - May 2017Weekend box office revenue - May 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl