The World's Most Visited Cities In 2016
New York, London and Paris are well known as some of the world's premier tourist destinations. All three of them trail Bangkok in the popularity stakes, however. The Thai capital had 21.5 million overnight visitors in 2016, the most of any city worldwide according to a recent report from Mastercard. By comparison, London had 19.9 million visitors who stayed at least one night while Paris had 18 million.
Several other Middle Eastern and Asian cities make the list of the globe's top-10 most visited. Dubai is in fifth place with 15.3 million visitors in 2016 while Singapore is just behind New York with 12.1 million. Tourists certainly like to splash the cash and Dubai had the highest level of visitor spending last year. In 2016, visitors to Dubai spent an impressive $31.3 billion, a considerable distance ahead of second-placed London's $14.8 billion.
- Thailand: social network penetration Q4 2016Thailand: social network penetration Q4 2016
- Thailand - forecasted for vehicle production 2010-2015Thailand - forecasted for vehicle production 2010-2015
- Total coffee consumption in Thailand 1990-2016Total coffee consumption in Thailand 1990-2016
- Major countries in worldwide cement production 2011-2016Major countries in worldwide cement production 2011-2016
- Major countries in rare earth mine production 2011-2016Major countries in rare earth mine production 2011-2016
- Big Mac index - global prices for a Big Mac 2017Big Mac index - global prices for a Big Mac 2017
- Cost of a dental implant in various countries 2016Cost of a dental implant in various countries 2016
- Cost of a knee replacement in various countries 2016Cost of a knee replacement in various countries 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl