Half of the Homebuyers Younger Than 35 Years Old
According to mortgage advice chain De Hypotheker, 25 to 35-years olds formed the largest group of homebuyers in the Netherlands in the first quarter of 2017, followed by the 35 to 45-years olds. Relatively few buyers were younger than 25 years old. This reflects a long-standing issue in the Netherlands, of the difficulty of buying property for new homebuyers. Although in comparison to 2016, the share of homebuyers younger than 25 years old increased, scarcity on the housing market as well as rising prices still mean that the young Dutch have to wait longer to buy their first house. Add to this a new law that only allows a mortgage of 101 percent of the property's market value, and it shows why in the first quarter of 2017, the majority of the homebuyers were existing homeowners purchasing new property.
- House purchase to asking price in the U.S. 2016House purchase to asking price in the U.S. 2016
- London housing market: investors 'buying to let' in numbers (UK) in 2013 London housing market: investors 'buying to let' in numbers (UK) in 2013
- Sources of house purchase or rental information in the U.S. 2013Sources of house purchase or rental information in the U.S. 2013
- Leading export countries worldwide 2016Leading export countries worldwide 2016
- Leading import countries worldwide 2016Leading import countries worldwide 2016
- Real GDP growth in the United States by quarter 2011-2017Real GDP growth in the United States by quarter 2011-2017
- Globalization Index - top 50 countries 2017Globalization Index - top 50 countries 2017
- Unemployment rate in the United States 2020Unemployment rate in the United States 2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl