Canadians' view on plant-based meat alternatives by region 2019

According to a survey carried out in Canada in July 2019, some 57 percent respondents from Saskatchewan think of plant-based protein alternatives as more of a fad that will fade with time, while the remaining 43 percent think that Canadians will be eating more and more plant-based proteins in the future.

Consumer perception of plant-based meat alternatives in Canada as of July 2019, by region

Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Single Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Single Account

$39 $59 per month *
in the first 12 months
33% Discount until September 30th
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$468 / Year
$708 / Year

Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Source

Release date

August 2019

Region

Canada

Survey time period

July 24 to 27, 2019

Number of respondents

1,530 respondents

Age group

18 years and older

Special properties

Angus Reid forum members

Method of interview

Online survey

Supplementary notes

Original survey question: "And thinking about plant-based protein alternatives, do you think they are…?"

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account.

Single Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references
$59 $39 / Month *
in the first 12 months
Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract; Prices do not include sales tax.

Statistics on "Meat substitutes market in the U.S."

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.