Most successful music tours worldwide in 2017, based on gross revenue (in million U.S. dollars)

Most successful music tours worldwide 2017 This statistic shows the most successful music tours worldwide in 2017, based on gross revenue. Coldplay's tour generated 238 million U.S. dollars revenue, with 40 out of 54 shows played so far and more than 2.4 million tickets sold worldwide. At the top of the list was the tour of U2, which generated a gross revenue of 316 million U.S. dollars. Live Nation Entertainment is one of the leading companies in the concert/entertainment business in the United States. Their concert revenue amounted to more than 5.8 billion U.S. dollars in 2016, which constituted over 70 percent of their total revenue. Ticketing and artists management accounted for the remaining 30 percent. However, the company accrued losses anywhere between seven and 228.4 million U.S. dollars every year between 2006 and 2015. The last financial year, 2016, bucked the trend as the company reported a net income of 2.94 million U.S. dollars.
Show more
Loading statistic...
Expand statistic
Gross revenue in million U.S. dollars
U2316
Guns 'N' Roses292.5
Coldplay238
Bruno Mars200.1
Metallica152.8
Depeche Mode141.1
Paul McCartney132
Ed Sheeran124.1
The Rolling Stones120
Garth Brooks101.4
Celine Dion101.2
Justin Bieber93.7
Roger Waters92.1
Lady Gaga85.7
Billy Joel82.3
Gross revenue in million U.S. dollars
U2316
Guns 'N' Roses292.5
Coldplay238
Bruno Mars200.1
Metallica152.8
Depeche Mode141.1
Paul McCartney132
Ed Sheeran124.1
The Rolling Stones120
Garth Brooks101.4
Celine Dion101.2
Justin Bieber93.7
Roger Waters92.1
Lady Gaga85.7
Billy Joel82.3

© Statista 2018

Download Settings Share
Chart type
Datalabels
Share on Social Media
HTML code to embed chart as PNG (FAQ)
Download started
Please be patient - this may take a moment
Description Source More information
This statistic shows the most successful music tours worldwide in 2017, based on gross revenue. Coldplay's tour generated 238 million U.S. dollars revenue, with 40 out of 54 shows played so far and more than 2.4 million tickets sold worldwide. At the top of the list was the tour of U2, which generated a gross revenue of 316 million U.S. dollars. Live Nation Entertainment is one of the leading companies in the concert/entertainment business in the United States. Their concert revenue amounted to more than 5.8 billion U.S. dollars in 2016, which constituted over 70 percent of their total revenue. Ticketing and artists management accounted for the remaining 30 percent. However, the company accrued losses anywhere between seven and 228.4 million U.S. dollars every year between 2006 and 2015. The last financial year, 2016, bucked the trend as the company reported a net income of 2.94 million U.S. dollars.
Show more
Release date
January 2018
Region
Worldwide
Survey time period
January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year

Statistics on "Music"

  • Global overview
The most important statistics
  • U.S. overview
  • Bestsellers
  • Record companies
The most important statistics
  • Concert business
The most important statistics
  • Consumer preferences & behavior
The most important statistics
  • Digital music
The most important statistics
  • Music videos
  • Grammys
The most important statistics
  • Celebrities

Related Studies: Available to Download in PDF or PPTX Format

Music

All Information
in one Presentation

Music

Everything On "Music" in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.

Statista for Your Company: The Research and Analysis Tool

  • Product Film
  • Statistics
  • Downloads

Our Premium Statistics - facts for your business

Currently, Statista provides more than 1 million statistics.
93 percent (all Premium content) are exclusively accessible via our professional accounts.

Unlimited access

As a Statista Premium customer, you receive unlimited access to all statistics at all times. Including downloads of data in the most common formats (XLS, PDF & PNG). Create relevant and significant statistics in no time.

You are in good company

Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages

Our Business Solutions: Save Time and Money

only

$588*

per year
Your advantages
  • Full access to all our statistics
  • Download as XLS, PDF & PNG
  • Relevant data: complete source information
All functions of our platform illustrated face-to-face
  • Learn how Statista supports your company
  • Extensive tour across the whole portal
  • Personal guidance by our support team
The knowledge database for your company
  • All functions of the Premium Account
  • Access to dossiers, forecasts and studies
  • Access to our international database
  • Publishing rights and other exclusive functions

Statistics on the topic

Topics

About Statista

Learn more about how Statista can support your business.

Request webinar