The Most-Followed FIFA World Cup Players on Twitter
With the FIFA World Cup in Brazil only one week away, fans around the world are preparing for what may be the largest sporting event on the globe. The World Cup will probably spark unprecedented levels of Twitter activity as fans will be able to interact with their idols like never before.
The undisputed Twitter king among World Cup competitors is Portugal's megastar Cristiano Ronaldo who currently has 26.5 million followers. Brazil's figurehead Neymar Júnior is a distant second with 10.7 million fans, followed by England's striker Wayne Rooney. Behind the Top 3, Spanish players dominate the Top 10 much like they did the pitches of the previous three international tournaments they won. The Spaniards are among the favorites to win the title in Brazil, and could become the first team since Brazil in 1962 to claim back-to-back World Cup titles.
- Most viewed FIFA World Cup ads on YouTube 2014Most viewed FIFA World Cup ads on YouTube 2014
- Capacity of stadiums at the FIFA World Cup 2014 in BrazilCapacity of stadiums at the FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil
- FIFA World Cup total prize money 2014FIFA World Cup total prize money 2014
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Most expensive transfers in the German Bundesliga as of 2016Most expensive transfers in the German Bundesliga as of 2016
- Capacity utilization of the stadiums of the Bundesliga clubs in 2016/17Capacity utilization of the stadiums of the Bundesliga clubs in 2016/17
- Membership in the first Bundesliga of German Football Clubs from 1963 to 2016Membership in the first Bundesliga of German Football Clubs from 1963 to 2016
- Leading players of the Bundesliga in 2016, based on market valueLeading players of the Bundesliga in 2016, based on market value
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl