The Most-Followed FIFA World Cup Players on Twitter
With the FIFA World Cup in Brazil only one week away, fans around the world are preparing for what may be the largest sporting event on the globe. The World Cup will probably spark unprecedented levels of Twitter activity as fans will be able to interact with their idols like never before.
The undisputed Twitter king among World Cup competitors is Portugal's megastar Cristiano Ronaldo who currently has 26.5 million followers. Brazil's figurehead Neymar Júnior is a distant second with 10.7 million fans, followed by England's striker Wayne Rooney. Behind the Top 3, Spanish players dominate the Top 10 much like they did the pitches of the previous three international tournaments they won. The Spaniards are among the favorites to win the title in Brazil, and could become the first team since Brazil in 1962 to claim back-to-back World Cup titles.
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Major League Soccer teams ranked by revenue 2015Major League Soccer teams ranked by revenue 2015
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl