Europe is Highly Dependent on Russian Gas
The United States is increasing pressure on European leaders to impose further sanctions on Russia in the wake of the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17. Russia accounts for 30 percent of all EU gas and it could retaliate by restricting supplies. Europe is highly dependent on Russian gas but interestingly, it will be braced for any possible crisis. A warm winter has left inventories high and there are surging global supplies of liquified natural gas. Furthermore, most analysts believe Russia is unlikely to restrict gas supplies as it could force Europe to permanently switch to other sources.
- Maximum flow rate of liquefied natural gas import terminals in the UK 2015Maximum flow rate of liquefied natural gas import terminals in the UK 2015
- Imports of liquefied natural gas in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010 to 2014, by terminalImports of liquefied natural gas in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010 to 2014, by terminal
- LNG importing countries 2015LNG importing countries 2015
- China: clothing production by month August 2016China: clothing production by month August 2016
- Monthly inflation rate in EU countries August 2016Monthly inflation rate in EU countries August 2016
- Per capita gross domestic product in the European Union in current prices in 2015Per capita gross domestic product in the European Union in current prices in 2015
- GDP growth in the EU and the Euro area compared to the previous quarter Q2 2016GDP growth in the EU and the Euro area compared to the previous quarter Q2 2016
- Monthly number of unemployed persons in the EU and Euro area July 2016Monthly number of unemployed persons in the EU and Euro area July 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl