Europe is Highly Dependent on Russian Gas
The United States is increasing pressure on European leaders to impose further sanctions on Russia in the wake of the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17. Russia accounts for 30 percent of all EU gas and it could retaliate by restricting supplies. Europe is highly dependent on Russian gas but interestingly, it will be braced for any possible crisis. A warm winter has left inventories high and there are surging global supplies of liquified natural gas. Furthermore, most analysts believe Russia is unlikely to restrict gas supplies as it could force Europe to permanently switch to other sources.
- Maximum flow rate of liquefied natural gas import terminals in the UK 2016Maximum flow rate of liquefied natural gas import terminals in the UK 2016
- Imports of liquefied natural gas in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010 to 2015, by terminalImports of liquefied natural gas in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010 to 2015, by terminal
- Monthly prices for Japanese liquefied natural gas from January 2014 to December 2016Monthly prices for Japanese liquefied natural gas from January 2014 to December 2016
- Unemployment rate in EU countries January 2017Unemployment rate in EU countries January 2017
- Value of imports into China by month February 2017Value of imports into China by month February 2017
- Monthly value of exports from China by month February 2017Monthly value of exports from China by month February 2017
- China's total imports and exports 2010-2016China's total imports and exports 2010-2016
- Monthly unemployment rate in the EU and Euro area December 2016Monthly unemployment rate in the EU and Euro area December 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl