Facebook's revenue growth
Facebook's Growth Is Fueled by Mobile Ads
Facebook's strong mobile advertising business helped the social network to beat expectations on both the top and the bottom line in the fourth quarter of 2016. Revenue climbed 51 percent to $8.81 billion as the company’s profit nearly tripled to $2.06 billion.
When Facebook started selling mobile advertising space in 2012, not even the keenest optimists could have predicted how successful this decision would turn out to be. Mobile advertising has accounted for more than 90 percent of Facebook’s revenue growth ever since. It now accounts for 84 percent of Facebook's advertising revenue and 82 percent of total revenue.
Considering the fact that Facebook has 1.15 billion mobile users on an average day, it is no surprise that its mobile advertising efforts are successful. The pace at which mobile ads have become the single driver of the company's growth is noteworthy though.
- Facebook: worldwide quarterly revenue 2010-2016, by segmentFacebook: worldwide quarterly revenue 2010-2016, by segment
- Facebook: worldwide quarterly revenue 2011-2016Facebook: worldwide quarterly revenue 2011-2016
- Facebook: annual revenue 2009-2016, by segmentFacebook: annual revenue 2009-2016, by segment
- Weekend box office revenue in the United Kingdom (UK) February 10-12, 2017Weekend box office revenue in the United Kingdom (UK) February 10-12, 2017
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries' revenue 2006-2016Teva Pharmaceutical Industries' revenue 2006-2016
- Global ad spend 2007-2021Global ad spend 2007-2021
- Ad spend growth worldwide 2015-2021Ad spend growth worldwide 2015-2021
- Weekend box office revenue - February 2017Weekend box office revenue - February 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl